Pathway To Employment
The Pathway to Employment project is designed to help long term unemployed people get the skills and work experience they need to access employment in the renewables and manufacturing sectors.
For Job Seekers
- 10 week course (5 weeks training, 5 weeks work placement).
- All training provided locally.
- Beneficiaries will be paid 35 hours per week at National Minimum Wage.
- Course designed for the manufacturing/renewables sector.
- Adult (18 years and over).
- Resident within Hull or the East Riding.
- Have been in receipt of an out of work benefit for at least the last 26 weeks.
Book yourself onto an initial assessment at the Green Port Hub to identify training needs and assess potential.
This can be done through your Jobcentre Plus work coach or by phoning the Green Port Hub on 01482 613875.
- Can your business offer a 5 week work placement?
- You will receive a motivated, enthusiastic, work ready individual.
- Accredited in, IOSH Working Safely, First Aid, Fire Safety, Working at Heights & Manual Handling.
- Dedicated contact within Unity Training to monitor placement.
How Does it Work?
- Each individual is assessed for their suitability for work within the renewables or manufacturing sectors.
- Employed for 10 weeks by their training provider (Unity Training).
- Receive 5 weeks employability/upskilling training.
- 5 weeks work placement (at no cost to the workplace provider).
If you offer a full time position upon completion of the work placement you receive the Disadvantaged Groups Wage Subsidy, offering a 20% wage subsidy towards their first 12 months employment.
To be eligible for this scheme your business must be in the renewables sector supply chain or sectors affected by employment churn and based within the Hull or East Riding Local Authority areas.
Call the team at the Green Port Hub on 01482 613875 for more details.