As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the Technical Lead job
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the delivered software solution meets the contractual design and technical specifications of the client. They must make sure that the project scope is maintained, and solutions implemented delivers the intended business requirement.
Working with the Project Manager you will identify and mitigate any business risks related to implementation or design. The Technical Lead will provide solutions to technical challenges facing the Software Installation team during implementation.
You will oversee the testing of the solution as part of the contracted deliverables, gaining compliance against the Functional Design Specification.
What you will do
- Provide technical and architectural guidance to the project team
- Provide consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the Service Delivery team, Project team and Project Board where necessary
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture and implementation
- Liaise with business and technical representatives to understand the needs of business
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects
What you have already done
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT processes, implementation strategies and applications
- Be able to effectively communicate issues of technical nature to clients and other IT professionals with strong presentation skills
- You will be an analytical thinker with incredible attention to detail
- Have the confidence to constructively challenge everything
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
To get in touch regarding a job at APD or to apply for a role, please email email@example.com
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.