Technical Architect - APD
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the Technical Architect job
You will lead the design effort for a variety of software products in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will design innovative solutions to real market problems, working closely with Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Sales and Pre-Sales, Lead Engineers, Product Owners and Customers to create and document the direction of the product architecture, in line with the business and product vision.
What you will do
- Work closely with customers and partners to create architectural strategy that delivers end user benefits, aligns with the Product and Business Strategy
- Create designs for existing and new products.
- Work with the Product Owner to ensure they understand the architectural roadmap and requirements so that they may write accurate user stories and achieve the desired outcome.
- Develop architectural and design principles to improve performance, capacity, and scalability of products.
- Take responsibility for prototyping and wire framing to inform the Product Owners and lead engineers of the product and design you want to be built.
What you have already done
- Extensive experience in architectural work and software development
- Ability to design both front end workflow and back end architecture, keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to communicate design rationale and build team consensus.
- Must be organised, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form. Ability to prioritise and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now! Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.