Scrum Master - APD
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
The Scrum Master is a first-class communicator with people at all levels of the organisation and must foster particularly strong channels of communication and appropriate reporting with Product Owners, the Development Manager and the Delivery Manager.
By limiting distractions, the Scrum Master ensures the Scrum teams are able to maintain focus and drive towards their sprint goals and as the voice of the Scrum team acts as an escalation point to the outside world. In addition, they should ensure that all sprint ceremonies are efficient and achieve the intended outcome and suggest appropriate changes where this is not the case.
The Scrum Master is a servant leader who facilitates and supports teams to become both self-organised and high functioning and fosters a culture of continuous improvement. They share their passion for Scrum with the development team and the wider business and ensure APD matures and improves in its approach over time.
What you will do
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised and decisions made without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Helping everyone adhere to Scrum’s theory, practices, and rules
- Working with development management to find space for both Innovation and learning and development
- What you have already done
- Experience of working within Software and Product development
- Certified Scrum Master (PSM1, CSM) and have experience of leading Scrum Teams
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
To apply applicants must send a CV to email@example.com
* Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.