Product Owner - APD
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the job
Part of the Development Department and a key member of the Scrum team, the Product Owner is responsible for the product’s success. By creating quality documentation and information, prioritisation and validation of the work to be performed, the product owner leads on what will be developed.
What you will do
- Provide feedback to customers on the state of requests, closing the loop from request to delivery. Analyse customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product
- Provision of fully versioned functional specifications. Highlight and introduce process for change requests (requirements which fall out of spec)
- Develop good quality user stories and define acceptance criteria with a high level of analysis (dissect, translate, cross reference)
- Set sprint goals to ensure team motivation and direction. Introduce and highlight new product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team
- Attend sprint planning and demonstration meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team. Plan releases and upgrades with development delivery and test
What you will have already done
- Experience of working within software development
- Proven experience of spotting inefficiencies and working to implement more effective solutions and the ability to learn technical requirements and concepts quickly
- Experience of reporting on management data
Education and Training
- Degree level or equivalent in Software engineering or Business management or related disciplines
- Training and certification as a professional scrum product owner or as a certified scrum product owner
Leadership Skill: Ability to direct and motivate the product development team / Scrum team. Ability to encourage positive behaviours and have a collaborative approach with good communication skills
Analytical Skill: Strong analytical skills, methodical approach to problem solving with the ability to determine most appropriate feature to add to a new or existing product
Hull, HU1 1RR – with occasional travel to customer sites when required
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ "Geeks with Goals", people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Applicants should apply by sending their cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.