PRODUCT MANAGER - Aspire Next
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society. Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the Product Manager job
The Product Manager is the voice of the customer, helping us to create the 999 control room of the future. You will appreciate how technology can help the emergency services. You will be responsible for managing a set of software products or product lines from ideation through to sale. The Product Manager will interface between the market and the rest of product team during development representing the voice of the customer.
Our product managers will be out meeting customers, understanding gaps in the market, bringing new ideas to the table on where our software products need to be. You might be doing a similar job now or have previously worked in the emergency services and want to use that knowledge to help develop the best software products to help support the great work they do.
What you will do
- Be the voice of the customer
- Define our products and ensure that products maximise revenue opportunities
- Identify future technologies
- Conduct market research, develop product strategy documentation
- Arrange, book and run user groups
What you have already done
- Ability to hold an audience of customers, technical people, partners and colleagues fully engaged and excited in furthering the product strategy and delivery
- Product insight. Have ideas that inform direction and prioritisation
- Commercially savvy.Able to conduct accurate return on investment calculations to steer the products
- Excellent research skills.Research competitors, markets, customers, requirements and use it to inform the very best product strategies that lead to market leadership and commercial growth
- Decision maker. Able to make tough decisions in the best interests of the product, market, customer and company
Hull, HU1 1RR, with regular travel to customer sites. We can consider remote working options for this role.
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
Cvs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.