Operational Engineer Intern - 12 month Internship - Grimsby (13770)
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow, the talented undergraduates with the ambition to question beyond a textbook and drive to test themselves in the real world. We are therefore offering an exciting 12-month Internship within the Offshore Operations Management team.
This role sits within the team at the East coast Hub – we are a fast-paced front-line operations team responsible for ensuring our customers turbines are generating renewable energy all day, every day. In order to make sure that happens, we deploy technicians in vessels and helicopters to service and troubleshoot our customers turbines. The business is going through significant contract growth and we are looking for the next generation of senior operations leadership. Is this you?
What we do:
- Plan and schedule service and maintenance activities.
- Deploy technicians to conduct service activities and ensure turbines are generating, as well as install modifications and upgrades to drive improvement in generating capacity whilst always keeping safety as the number one priority
- Ensuring that our contracts are profitable and sustainable and ensure that we have a pipeline of sales activities to support our future business.
What are my responsibilities?
We are looking for an organised, dynamic, customer focused and flexible leader who has safety as their core principle to support and inspire field personnel in the servicing and maintenance of wind turbine equipment in line with scheduled and unscheduled service requirements. You will also support the management of the site with regards to employees and customer Scoping, leading and delivering improvement projects aimed at improving safety or operational performance
- Active safety leadership within the hub - ensure correct reporting of incidents, accidents, near misses and unsafe acts. Ensure compliance with EHSQ SGRE standards and UK legislation.
- Support execution of the contract(s) within site to the agreed financial performance requirements, not compromising safe or responsible working
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with customer organisation(s) and escalate issues to the Site Manager when appropriate
- Coordinate the preparation/provision of HSE related documentation i.e. statutory inspections. Ensure all work is carried out in line with Siemens standards and in line with UK legislation
- Assist in the production and publication of accurate site reports for both internal and external customers
- Support with on-site HR administration duties ensuring all relevant paperwork is compiled and forwarded to relevant departments
- Supporting the senior team in overseeing operational activities, projects and daily/weekly performance
- Working with sites to drive operational process alignment
What do I need to qualify for this job?
You will be a bright and enthusiastic student who is currently undertaking a degree in Engineering, Operations or a related discipline and are keen on including a 12 month internship as a part of your degree.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel & PowerPoint and will be analytical with an eye for detail. You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach with the ability to contribute positively in a team working environment. You will be a creative thinker who is open to new ideas.
You will have great interpersonal and communication skills and will be able to self-manage against deliverables and deadlines and will be able to work well in a pressurised environment.
To apply for this role click here