Marketing Assistant - APD
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the Marketing Assistant job
We’re looking for a Marketing Assistant to join us on what’s set to be our greatest adventure yet. The next three years are focused on breaking new markets, growing internationally and providing a world class online experience for our customers. You’ll be at the heart of this.
You’ll be part of the Marketing and Sales Team, a fun and fast paced team where banter is a necessity! No two days will be the same, you’ll be self-motivated and full of ideas to contribute, you’ll be at the very forefront of the exciting growth journey and see first-hand the impact your contribution is making.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to become permanent.
What you will do
- Support the Marketing Leads on the running of highly targeted and high performing campaigns to engage new customers in new markets
- Manage and maintain the APD websites and social media channels to continue to grow our online army of fans
- Support with the creation of and running of conferences, some around the world
- Support in the creation of product marketing material to share our services with a global audience
- Demo our products and software at marketing events and online
Who you are and what you have already done
- Experience working in Marketing, preferably in the public sector or have a relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- A good understanding of social media across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Highly organised and have the dexterity of a juggler to prioritise and manage different tasks
- With an eye for good design and a love of our brands you will have the ability to turn creative ideas into successful actions
- Strong reporting skills and the ability to analyse data
Hull, HU1 1RR
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are a passionate about great Marketing and looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!
or email email@example.com
Please note due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.