Lead CAD Operator - NSV
The Lead CAD Operator provides guidance and support to other CAD Operators and works as part of a multi-discipline engineering project team providing detail design drawings using CAD packages.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Hours of work: 37.5
The Lead CAD Operator is responsible for the completion of their allocated tasks within the project team on time, to other project team member’s requirements, to specification and within budget. To this end, the Lead CAD Operator performs a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, production and revision of 3D models and 2D drawings, working to project deadlines and working closely with engineers within project teams.
- Develop design work from conceptual to detail utilising computer assisted design; SolidWorks, AutoCAD and other software as required.
- Optimise design with a view to reduce procurement costs, production time and documentation costs.
- Produce 2D & 3D drawings to optimise the manufacturing process and minimise costs
- Peer check colleagues work before issuing for official review
- Be aware of current trends and developments within profession
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant legislation
- Produce production and project documentation
- Maintain CAD libraries, hard copy drawing files and records
- Assist other CAD Operators by providing guidance and support in developing project related drawings and documents
- Assist sales with preparation of CAD drawings for tender
- General duties as delegated within the overall purview of the post
- Prioritise own workload in order to meet project / business needs
Required Skills Qualifications:
- National Qualification Framework (NQF) Level 3 Qualifications which must include:
- 1 years’ experience working in a CAD role
- National Qualification Framework (NQF) Level 2 Qualifications which must include:
- 2 years’ experience working in a CAD role
Desirable Skills Qualifications:
Application Instructions: Send a CV and cover letter via email to email@example.com