Hull City Council Admissions Office and Education Welfare Apprentice - Hull City Council
As a key member of the team, your role will be to offer support by helping deliver a professional and effective service. You will complete a weekly on roll check of pupils allocated to schools and liaise with the Children Missing Education Officer where necessary, help maintain pupil records and assist with processing in-year transfer applications.
Weekly wage: £144.30
Working week: Monday to Thursday 7.5 hours,
Friday 7.00 hours (Times TBC).
1 Hour lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Expected duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 09 Sep 2019
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Reference number: VAC001561930
Duties to include:
- Answering telephones in a professional manner and distributing messages where required and answering queries where possible
- Maintaining admissions systems, ensuring all entries made are accurate
- Assisting in the processing of in-year transfer applications
- Filing, photocopying and scanning
- Maintaining the admissions data spreadsheets for in-year transfers
- Sending letters to parents in response to services requests to the contact centre
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivating and able to work independently as well as working and contributing to a team
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Friendly manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Willingness to learn
- GCSE Grades A-C / 8-4 or equivalent maths and English or a good standard of education
- Good IT skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Oracle)
Potential to progress to potential future Local Authority job opportunities for the successful candidate.
To apply click here
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.