The Health, Safety, Environmental Manager will work very closely with all relevant departments, particularly with the operational sides of the business. Ensuring all HSEQ policies and procedures are developed, rolled out and maintained. This will be a very high demanding position and will suit a person who has a passion to make a difference in a fast-growing company.
- To provide general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work
- Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation
- Leading and implementing in-house training with Managers
- Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures
- Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control
- Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance
- Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
- Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date
- Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions
- Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics
- Ensuring Managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required
- Representing and promoting the organisation's safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive)
- Complete weekly/monthly management reports for submission to the Operations Director.
For more information and to apply visit: www.smchse.com/hse-manager
Closing date: 5th July 2019