The Heating Engineer will support the business in the effective installation of heating systems. They will support the Project Manager in contributing towards the planning and preparation for all Installation Projects to ensure correct project completion.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and /or Senior Installer and working collaboratively with other installer teams, the heating engineer will ensure that all operational activities undertaken by the business are completed with best practice methodology, and where necessary supports frameworks and benchmarks required for industry and sector accreditations. This person will be responsible for all activities relating to the installation of all necessary heating systems in line with the schematics and plans provided.
In this specialist role of Renewable Heating Engineer, you will be responsible for:
1. Installation of renewable heating systems
• Install required heating systems in line with customer specifications, plans/schematics and company policy
• Work collaboratively with other installation team members, seeking and providing advice and guidance from/to others where necessary
• Communicate and behave in a professional manner at all times, but particularly on site, following site rules and using a common sense approach
2. Contributing towards formal quality accreditations and frameworks:
• Ensure your routine day-to-day activities follow recognised and best practise processes and procedures, underpinned by more formal accreditation and certifications where appropriate
• Proactively follow all processes relating to quality control such as ISO14001, MCS, CHAS, and Construction Line accreditations.
• Contribute to ‘Lessons Learnt’ at the end of every project with all project teams, highlighting opportunities for improvement, documenting successes and ensuring improvements are driven back into the business
3. Ensure all activities adhere to H&S legislation and best practice and work within all policies set out by the business.
• Ensure that you have correct and appropriate PPE equipment, in good state of repair and as needed for the particular installation job
• Ensure all on-site works completed are in line with H&S legislation
• Undertake correct reporting/logging of any instances of noncompliance, risk or injury, seeking guidance from Project/Site Manager
• Identify the First Aiders and reporting structure
4. Complete team activities to contribute to a high standard of performance and customer service:
• Act as point of support for Apprentices within your area and aiding their development.
• Undertake training and development activities as recommended by The Company to increase and enhance performance
• Identification of cost saving, efficiency gains and other performance data to the Project/Site Manager throughout own areas
5. Any other activities designed to maximize custom and execute an effective business operation
Please see attached file for more inforamtion and how to apply.
Closing date: 15/07/19