Finance Business Partner - APD
As one of Hull’s leading tech businesses, we develop critical software and infrastructure for the emergency services and public safety control rooms. Our innovative and dynamic solutions serve, protect and connect society.
Our technology helps to save lives daily, across the world – That’s pretty cool right?
About the Finance Business Partner job
As the Finance Business Partner you will use your professional financial expertise and commercial acumen to provide data, insights and challenge to support the Senior Leadership Team and inform financial decisions. You will coach and advise on all things finance.
You will drive month end activities, budgeting and forecasting, increasing the emphasis on partnering with business heads. You will be turning data into insights and interpreting performance beyond numbers.
What you will do
- Partner with business teams to review financial performance and provide financial advice and leadership
- Produce financial results for the relevant business area(s) including P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow
- Deliver successful and timely month end close
- Comfortable interpreting strategic and financial risks and opportunities, evaluating the impact on performance and providing advice and recommendation on financial matters
- Provide financial assurance on new investment opportunities and track current investments
Who you are and what you have already done
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- Strong data analysis and financial modelling skills; structured approach; critical thinker
- Commercial acumen built-up through experience
- Able to present complex data in a clear, succinct manner to provide actionable financial and commercial insights
- Ability to build strong relationships based on trust and open communication
- Extensive experience of a variety of accounting and operational and operating systems, with SAP, BW and TM1 experience desirable. Power BI desirable. Advanced MS Excel
Hull, HU1 1RR
Here in the UK, our technology is used by 69% of the Police Forces and you’ll also find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport.
Further afield, we have customers in Sweden’s hospital and the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep Dubai Airport, the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected.
When you join APD Communications, you’ll be part of something much bigger. From our offices in Hull, we operate as a business unit within Northgate Public Services (NPS), which is a wholly owned NEC Corporation subsidiary.
Being part of the NPS Safety Division, and the NEC Corporation, means you’re joining a worldwide team of over 100,000 operating in over 70 countries. We all share a passion for developing innovative public safety solutions that create a brighter world for us as global citizens – does this sound like you?
You will be part of a fantastic team who really make a positive difference to the society that we live in. Life at APD is fast paced, we don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We employ ‘Geeks with Goals’, people who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference.
The people in our teams are our best asset, so our workplace is empowering, encouraging and everyone has a voice that is listened to. We have a flexible, trusted and collaborative environment in which our people thrive in.
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion – click the link to apply now!
Please note: Due to the awesome work we do with the emergency services all employees must go through police vetting; this means we cannot accept applicants that do not have the last 3 years continuous residency in the UK. We cannot offer visa sponsorship.