Engineer - Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
The Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (ORE Catapult) is one of a number of Catapults set up by Innovate UK to accelerate the deployment of innovative technology in the UK.
With primary locations in Glasgow and Blyth, and regionally facilities in Hull, Levenmouth, Wales and Cornwall. ORE Catapult is working with industry and academia to identify, develop, prove and de-risk promising new technologies and bring them to market. It is helping to reduce the cost of offshore renewable energy, supporting the growth of the industry and creating UK benefit.
Job Title: Engineer
Closing Date: 25/4/19
Hours of work: 37.5
Closing date: 25th April 2019
ORE Catapult are currently looking for a Engineer who will be responsible for deploying sound engineering principles to support the delivery of ORE Catapults diverse range of activities and ensuring that development an delivery of collaborative projects, research, development and testing is underpinned by suitable technical expertise and competence.
- Promote and actively participate in a proactive Health and Safety culture where each and everyone thinks safe, talks safe and acts safe, always.
- Promote and deliver Quality as a core principle in everything we do
- Assist the development of new projects and contribute engineering expertise at the developing phase.
- Provide engineering leadership to deliver projects, including calculation and analysis, drafting reports, interaction and interfacing with project partners, technology assessment and the development of testing and demonstration plans.
- Participate in dissemination activities as required, including presentations and publications
- Maintain current knowledge of renewable energy technologies and the offshore wind industry
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and procedures and work confidently within the structure of a business accredited with OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, and ISO17025
- Proactively populate project records and participate in project progress monitoring and reporting.
Required Skills Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline
- Sound knowledge of electrical/mechanical generating plant and systems
- Motivated and strong team player capable of working individually, within and across multi-functional project teams.
- Knowledge of and the application of good practise engineering procedures and tools.
- Good understanding of H&S legislation applicable to offshore operations
- Experience of working in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025 environments.
Desirable Skills Qualifications:
- Experience of offshore wind is preferred but not essential, however a strong interest in the offshore industry is recommended
How to apply: Click here