Design Engineer – Electrical Building Services
As a Design Engineer you will be working in a design office environment, whilst providing working design solutions for Electrical Building Services. You will be adept with drafting and calculation packages, undertake calculations by hand and have a working knowledge of current standards for principal building services systems.
Title: Design Engineer – Electrical Building Services
Locations: Based at our Humber Quays office in Hull, consideration for a flexible work location can be given.
Salary: Up to £75k package dependent on experience
Whilst all work will be undertaken under the supervision of a senior member of the design team the job holder will be expected to show initiative and self-reliance.
- Receive the Clients brief/remit, formulate the scope of works and develop the design philosophy
- You will be expected to provide ‘best value’ working design solutions to technical problems and ensure the timely delivery of information
- You will have a working knowledge of the electronic design packages that are available within the design office, including AutoCAD and Hevacomp, but also be capable of undertaking calculations by hand
- Knowledge of the current standards is expected for the electrical building services systems used in the industry
- You will be capable of using AutoCAD 2d to produce detailed design drawings suitable for construction
- Experience of Building Information Modelling systems such as Aecosim or Revit is preferred but training can be given
- You will be expected to have a working knowledge of Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice
- You will have a working knowledge of the CDM regulations and will be responsible for ensuring that designs are compliant. You will also be required to produce Designers Risk Assessments for projects
- A working knowledge of low energy technologies and requirements of Building Regulations
- You will be required to produce specifications for the works
- Undertake site surveys and compile reports as many projects will be integrated with existing buildings / infrastructure
- Assess existing utilities for capacity to extend
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Extensive knowledge of current markets conditions.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met.
- An aptitude to assimilate technical knowledge.
- A strong work ethic with a desire to succeed
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Building Services or equivalent vocational qualifications
- Incorporated Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. CIBSE)
- Previous experience in a building services role in a design office environment or on site
- Previous experience of Railway Infrastructure projects would be beneficial but not essential