Apprentice Administration Assistant (Exams) - Kelvin Hall School
Are you looking for a career working in an ‘Outstanding’ School? Kelvin Hall School have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Administration Assistant (Exams). We are looking for someone who is committed, enthusiastic and has good attention to detail. You will assist the Data and Examinations Manager and will learn the examination processes.
Weekly wage: £144.30
Working week: 7.45 a.m. – 3.45 p.m. Monday
to Thursday and 7.45 a.m. – 3.15 p.m. on a Friday
Total hours per week: 37.00
Expected duration: 13 months
Possible start date: 16 Sep 2019
Closing date: 22 Aug 2019
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Reference number: VAC001565277
Positions: 1 available
Duties will include:
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults
- Under direction disseminating information, responding to queries and dealing with issues regarding external examinations with staff, students and parents/carers
- Under direction producing clear, concise and accurate information to support the Senior Leadership Team in raising standards of performance in the school
- Under direction maintaining student specific data in a timely fashion and to a high standard using the school MIS system
- Under direction making all necessary arrangements relating to examination entries in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensuring the smooth running of internal and public examinations in consultation and as directed by the Data and Examinations Manager
- Organising SEN provision for examination in accordance with regulations including with the school SENCO regarding specific needs of pupils as directed by the Data and Examinations Manager
- Assisting the Data and Examinations Manager with the invigilation arrangements for all exams in School
- Being present on the days when results are collated, notified and overseeing the distribution results to candidates. Maintain the security and confidentiality of results
- Any other duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as requested by the Data and Examination Manager or Senior Leadership Team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to relate effectively to young people
- Good customer service skills
- Competent in word processing and using databases and spreadsheets
- Organised with a high attention to detail
- Able to relate effectively to members of the public
- Able to present a positive image for Kelvin Hall
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able and willing to learn
- The candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualification
- GCSE grade C/4 in maths and English or above or equivalent.
- Future prospects
- Potential to progress to the advanced apprenticeship and potential future job opportunities for the successful candidate.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will have to complete An Enhanced DBS check and the start date will depend on when full DBS clearance is received.
To apply click here
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.