The Business Support strand assists businesses within Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire in their development to access opportunities within the renewables sector.
Green Port Growth Business Support offers:
- A free independent appraisal of the business’ strengths and capabilities, with a gap analysis to identify, what is required in the development of a strategic plan for the future
- Information on opportunities within the industry, as they become available, by working with OEMs, suppliers, and consultants
- Help in the promotion of collaborative working and joint ventures
- A comprehensive workshop and events programme to support the development of local business skills & knowledge
Based on the outcomes of the appraisal, funding can be applied for to meet the individual company’s priority needs and opportunities for growth within the renewables sector.
Support could be in the form of (but not limited to):
- One-to-one advice from specialists, to identify specific growth areas appropriate to company capabilities and to meet supplier requirements
- Developing the identified business needs in areas such as health and safety, quality, management, human resources, procurement, export, marketing, job profitability and accreditations where required and to enhance PQQ applications
- The potential to access financial assistance where appropriate
Funding will be determined on a case by case basis using:
- Previous de minimis state aid received
- Individual company development plans and availability of match funding
It is envisaged a minimum of 50% funding could be applied for
The project objectives are to:
- Provide continual support to help local businesses recognise and embrace potential opportunities within the renewables sector for the duration of the project
- Provide a co-ordinated approach to other business support programmes. This includes working alongside other national and regional programmes to avoid duplication and to maximise the potential of support and funding for each individual business
Companies must be located within Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire area.
Companies must not have exceeded their de minimis threshold over the last 3 fiscal years. (Further information available from the project team).
For further details, please contact Dawn Hall at the East Riding of Yorkshire Council Business Support team on 01482 391639.