Warehouse Operatives ensure that all stock movements are recorded and controlled in an accurate and auditable manner, including deliveries to site.
You must have a solid warehousing/logistics background and live within 30 miles of Hull or be willing to relocate to Hull should you wish to be considered.
We offer a competitive package to include 26 days holiday + bank holidays, an annual bonus, contributory pension whereby Siemens will match your contribution up to 10% of your annual salary and a there is range of flexible benefits to choose from.
What are my responsibilities?
- Request, receive, pick, pack, issue and dispatch inventory whilst maintaining fully auditable records on both system and paper accurately
- Maintain a safe, clear and clean environment ensuring all procedures are adhered to. Including equipment maintenance.
- Conduct weekly/annual cycle checks and report accuracy
- Behave with flexibility to support operational requirements whilst maintaining integrity of procedural requirements
- Work with team members to ensure clear hand over at shift change, maintaining operational service.
- Control and secure inventory including safety equipment and tooling
- Support home location or others upon request with flexible working arrangements
- Deliver goods to site and ensure transactions are recorded correctly in line with responsibilities as documented within procedures
- Drive responsibly and within legal limits. Ensure safety of person and vehicle at all times
What behaviours are important?
- Focus on health and safety is essential
- Detail oriented
- High focus on quality
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
- A desire to continuously improve
- Organised and methodical
- Takes accountability for the highly organised and tidy working area
Useful skills and entry qualifications
- Solid warehousing/logistics background.
- Experience with COSHH, PPE equipment, etc.
- Fully conversant and experienced with parts management in a diverse fast moving product environment
- Full UK driving licence
- Self motivated with capabilities to complete tasks accurately adhering to tight deadlines
- Dynamic individual who can deliver in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to communicate confidently with all stake holders
- Must live within 30 miles max of Hull or be willing to relocate to Hull
What training will I receive?
You will learn the very detailed requirements of the role. At Siemens we never stop learning, we’re continuously looking for new ways to improve ourselves and our business.
The person carrying out this role must ensure complex processes are followed exactly, failure to do this could damage a blade and the cost and lost time of this happening is excessive.
Roles in the warehouse are safety critical and random drug and alcohol tests will be carried out. Failing this test could result in dismissal.
You will be working as part of a close team and you’ll need to build excellent relationships.
Is this for me?
- Do you like working in a well ordered and organised environment where health and safety of yourself and those around you is critical?
- Are you very organised and methodical?
- Do you take pride in making sure your warehouse stock levels are monitored and your data quality is excellent?
- Do you strive to meet and exceed the requirements of your internal and external customers?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Why our environment, health & safety is important
All employees should be constantly aware of their responsibilities for ensuring a workplace where EHS is the top priority. They should engage with both Line Managers and the EHS Team to ensure that, where practicable, they are familiar with the Siemens EHS management system.
As an employer of choice Siemens takes its responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all people seriously: as such you will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical screening to enable us to provide a duty of care towards potential and existing employees.
The recruitment process
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
You will have a face to face interview and you will be asked to give examples of things you have done to show us what level of skills and experience you have and as importantly, tells us what behaviours you think are important.
You may be asked to complete an online behavioural questionnaire and have a medical.
It’s very important that we collaborate and work as a team so you may be asked to complete a difficult task with others and we’ll watch you to give us an indication of how you interact with others.
If you are asked to participate in an interview process please try to relax and be yourself.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive Siemens PLC terms, conditions and benefits.
This role forms part of the The Wind Power and Renewables Division, a leading supplier of reliable, environmentally-friendly and cost-efficient renewable energy solutions. Driving down the cost of wind power is our key target as we strive to make renewable energy fully competitive with conventional energy sources.
As demand for clean power generation to meet the world’s growing energy need increases, Siemens Wind Power has the answers. With highly efficient, robust and reliable wind turbines, Siemens has a demonstrated history in delivering proven solutions to onshore, coastal and offshore sites. Due to significant growth, we are now looking to add to our dedicated commissioning team.
If you feel you have what it takes to help Siemens make a difference and you can meet the challenges above on a daily basis then please apply.