RECRUITING NOW - Siemens Wind Power has an exciting opportunity for a full time EHS Manager in Project to work within our rapidly growing Offshore business. Based from our new facility in Hull you will have responsibility for ensuring site Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) arrangements for the Hull pre-assembly site, which undertakes the port side works that support our offshore wind power installation projects, are in compliance with Siemens EHS standards and legislative requirements.
As demand for clean power generation to meet the world’s growing energy need increases, Siemens Wind Power has the answers. With highly efficient, robust and reliable wind turbines, Siemens has a demonstrated history in delivering proven solutions to onshore, coastal and offshore sites.
Siemens Wind Power is experiencing significant growth and a key factor to our increasing success is our competent and professional employees. We continuously strive to strengthen our position as one of the market leaders in the Wind Power industry. We provide excellent opportunities for training and development within a dynamic and international organisation offering unique opportunities for its employees.
What are my responsibilities?
To be an active and enthusiastic member of the Hull pre-assembly project management team functionally reporting to the Senior Project Manager, being the focal point for the project site for EHS in providing competent EHS advice and guidance, developing the necessary EHS documentation for the Hull site and ensuring suitable interfacing with relevant internal and external clients and stakeholders including our production facilities and our Offshore projects falling under the requirements of the construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
Working closely with the Client throughout project planning, controlling compliance to documented systems for the associated works liaising with functional responsibility to appointed EHS Advisors and ensure adequate hand over and interface to our Offshore projects.
Active role modelling and mentoring of project management team in regard to promotion of a positive EHS culture throughout the site, and being an ambassador for Siemens in liaison with the client and stakeholders and actively working with colleagues in headquarters and internal departments are key deliverables.
- Keep updated with PM@Siemens processes, EHS and QA systems and procedures relevant to the position, and to work in accordance with the requirements defined in systems.
- Support with the establishment of the pre-assembly site and arrangements in accordance with Siemens requirements
- Build awareness of internal and project contractual requirements
- Development of site Environmental and Health and Safety Plans along with associated EHS documentation and safe systems of work specifically required for the pre-assembly works
- Review and feedback on wind turbine design and documentation including manuals, work instructions etc. during the works as necessary.
- Work with project team members and supply chain colleagues regarding evaluation and appointment of contractors associated with the site works
- Facilitate the development of task specific risk assessments, work method statements and other risk control documentation for site works
Useful skills and entry qualifications
- Significant EHS coordination / management experience preferrably within the Renewables sector, however other high risk industries such as the construction/engineering industries considered; including demonstrable experience of day-to-day functional management of an onsite team
- Relevant professional qualifications in EHS with NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent as a minimum. CMIOSH or working towards is desirable.
- Significant working knowledge of CDM regulations and Environmental requirements relating to construction projects
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of maritime industry or working offshore is highly desirable
- Excellent coaching, mentoring and communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of project management techniques
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and customer management skills
- Strong Team Player
- Strong IT skills using microsoft packages
- Live within a commutable distance to the Hull facility, but also prepared to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays including travel abroad.
What training will I receive?
At Siemens we never stop learning, we’re continuously looking for new ways to improve ourselves and our business.
Training and development will be dependent on the individual requirements of the new starter.
Work with project team and appointed EHS Advisors in the planning, implementation and arrangements to reduce risk and ensure compliance to internal requirements, and local EHS legislative requirements including but limited to the following areas:
- Good order and site security and emergency response arrangements
- Site welfare
- Safety of access and egress
- Working at height
- Avoiding danger from energy distribution installations and plant
- Traffic management and construction plant movement, including marine vessels
- All potential groundwork’s and civil engineering
- Emergency exit routes, fire prevention, fire fighting and fire detection
- Working near or above water
- Protection of visitors to site and the public, including trespassers
- Ensure suitable arrangements for cooperation, communication and coordination with clients and stakeholders
- Contribute to the monitorring and review systems including audit, assessment and inspection processes for the site
- Ensuring the timely handling and reporting of EHS incidents and facilitation of incident investigation processes
- Facilitate the development of, and participate in the review and modification of safety method statements and risk evaluations in connection with routine and non-routine project work on site.
- Actively support the project management team in the management of EHS aspects in the works including liaison with the client representatives, project manager/other project team members, site managers, Installation Leads, EHS Advisors, Technicians and other colleagues.
- Drive a positive EHS (Zero Harm) culture throughout the site by establishing effective arrangements for Client, employee and contractor communication and engagement, being a role model for EHS and actively coaching/mentoring project team members.
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS performance evaluation, measuring and reporting during all project phases including inspection and auditing arrangements.
- Functional responsible for the day-to-day EHS site based team
- Participate in the development of project colleagues and new EHS employees.
Why our environment, health & safety is important
All employees should be constantly aware of their responsibilities for ensuring a workplace where EHS is the top priority. They should engage with both Line Managers and the EHS Team to ensure that, where practicable, they are familiar with the Siemens EHS management system.
As an employer of choice Siemens takes its responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all people seriously: as such you will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical screening to enable us to provide a duty of care towards potential and existing employees.
The recruitment process
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.