A Wind Turbine Installation Technician is part of a permanently employed dedicated project installation team who will be responsible for the installation of wind turbine projects in line with safety guidelines, project requirements, corporate methods and industry legislative standards.
The role will provide you with lots of variety, learning opportunities and a good team culture. We offer a competitive package to include 26 days holiday + bank holidays, an annual bonus, a contributory pension whereby Siemens will match your contribution up to 10% of your annual salary and a there is range of flexible benefits to choose from.
Useful skills and entry qualifications
The role requires working at height, working either dockside (pre-assembly) or offshore every day. You will work on a rotational basis and therefore this role requires a great deal of flexibility as you will be working in various locations around the UK, Germany and the rest of the world in all types of weather conditions. You must have hands on mechanical and/or hydraulic experience with appropriate qualifications and you must live within 30 miles of Hull or be willing to relocate to Hull to be considered for one of these positions as you will travel out to the turbines from Alexander Dock, Hull, once the new blade facility is in Operation.
- A strong bias towards safety is essential with experience of working in safety critical environments.
- Lifting operations.
- Mechanical or hydraulic experience & qualifications coupled with an electrical awareness, perhaps from within the power generation industry.
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or on own initiative
- Ability and confidence to work at Height (includes physical fitness to climb)
- Capable of working in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to communicate at all levels with various cultures
- Capable of understanding and completing relevant checklists, work orders & timesheets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst continuing to follow safety/quality guidelines
- You live locally
- Keep records, maintain documentation and report as required by company policy
- Assisting in the lifting and assembling of turbine components
- Bolt torquing and bolt stretching during the lifting and installation of major components
- Cable routing and connections throughout the turbine
- Carry out rectification of snagging items during installation phase
- Maintain and follow safety procedures as required by company policy
- Encourage the improvement of safety performance in site colleagues and other site workers
- Observe, intervene and report all unsafe conditions, behaviours, near misses and incidents in the site environment to contribute to the continuous improvement of site safety culture
Why our environment, health & safety is important
As an employer of choice Siemens takes its responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all people seriously: as such you will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical screening to enable us to provide a duty of care towards potential and existing employees.
This role forms part of the Siemens Energy Sector and is the world's leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. Its extensive portfolio comprises highly efficient technologies for thermal power plants, renewables, power transmission, and for the extraction, processing and transport of oil and gas.
As demand for clean power generation to meet the world’s growing energy need increases, Siemens Wind Power has the answers. With highly efficient, robust and reliable wind turbines, Siemens has a demonstrated history in delivering proven solutions to onshore, coastal and offshore sites. Due to significant growth, we are now looking to add to our dedicated installation team.
If you feel you have what it takes to help Siemens make a difference and you can meet the challenges above on a daily basis then please apply.
Please note the role details are indicative and subject to change. They are provided purely to give an insight into the types of roles Siemens may have available.