Abnormal Load Services - ALS are a specialist non asset based logistic provider offering unique solutions for oversized, abnormal and heavy lift cargo shipments by road, rail, sea and air both nationally and internationally.
We currently have a vacancy for a Software Developer to join our team working on .NET applications and services, and SharePoint and ASP.Net applications. You will be working in a collaborative team environment so excellent communication is essential – you will report directly to the Software Manager, and your learning / development will be supported by the team and the IT manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and testing applications
- Working from approved specifications
- Delivering software to agreed timescales.
- Liaising with Customers to determine and fulfil project requirements
- Maintaining existing systems
- Working to agreed Coding Standards
The ideal candidate should have:
- A degree/HND in Computer Science or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3 years software development and testing experience
- Proven ability in managing workload and timescales
- Proven UX Design skills
Solid skills/experience in one or more of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ASP.NET/Web applications
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Mobile application development
- VSTS/Azure DevOps
Salary is dependent on experience.
If you wish to discuss this vacancy before applying please call: Glen Seward on +44 (0) 7738 918822.
CLOSING DATE: 22/12/2018
All applications cover letter and C.V. to be made via email to: Julie.Watson@als-europe.com