Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site. Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
This is a full time role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Group Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the TTL/Accsys Group head office in London.
This role will initially be day based and moving to a 12 hour shift rota as the project progresses.
Operate, regulate and monitor the process of acetylation of wood chips so that products are made available in accordance with specified quality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prior to the full operations of the plant, initial responsibilities will include supporting the development of the Permit for Work system, Operations Risk Assessments and supporting the completion of Operator Task Analysis for the production of operating procedures and operator training material development. Support plant equipment testing and system commissioning activities
- When the plant is operational the shift operator will be responsible for the control and monitoring of the production in the plant and the control and adjustment of the production process on the basis of rules and instructions
- Completed plate isolations and de-isolations for operational and maintenance requirements. Maintain correct plant configuration control
- Operate plant equipment such as cranes, forklift trucks, pallet trucks
- Taking of samples of finished products and raw materials according to specifications to allow the quality control by the laboratory and / or process operator
- Inspect the (technical) condition of the installation (parts) and signalling (potential) flaws. Solve "small" disturbances, cleaning of working environment and installation (parts)
- Support the training and induction of new operators
- Undertake first line maintenance on the plant and report any significant defects to the duty Shift Supervisor and prioritise maintenance work within the Maintenance Management System
- Reporting all jobs completed in Maintenance Management System
- Work and adhere to the safety and environmental instructions
- Report unsafe conditions directly to the duty Shift Supervisor. If there is immediate danger will shut-down the production process and immediately report to the management team
- Provides a clean working environment and maintain high standards for assigned housekeeping area
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- Qualified Shift Operator with a minimum NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent) in Process Operations
- Ideally a craftsperson with an engineering qualification or trained as an apprentice
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience of wood handling or conveyor system would be beneficial for this role
Focus on Results
- Result oriented to achieve the goals for production
- Works with others to achieve goals by sharing information and supporting colleagues
- Provide explanations in clear terms and keeps colleagues informed of the progress of the work
Attention to Quality & Safety
- Committed to achieving and maintaining the required quality and safety
- Sets high standards for his/her own performance
- Shows detailed knowledge & expertise
- Start-up and handling of actions without the help of others
- Demonstrate high levels of involvement and engagement at all times
- Identify issues / problems and actively seek ideas / solutions
- Awareness of the impact of their own actions and behaviour on the end result or the atmosphere within the team
To apply for the role:
Send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com