Service Coordinator - Grimsby (12575)
We are recruiting for a Service Coordinator to join our team within Wind Power Service. The Wind Power Service business is one of the fastest growing businesses within the Siemens portfolio with a UK employee base of 1000+ people. Supporting the UK Government initiative to reduce low carbon emissions, the business is responsible for the servicing of around 50 windfarms across the British Isles, both onshore & offshore. The UK’s Wind Power Service headquarters is located in Newcastle’s Cobalt Business Park and is home to approximately 200 employees.
The experienced Service Coordinator will be allocated to a project team delivering a large scale project as well as training and up skilling additional temporary coordinator resources brought in to support other projects across the department.
The Service Coordinator will plan, coordinate and support field personnel in conducting the safe and profitable execution of wind turbine upgrade and repair works, in line with planned project requirements, including providing parts and consumables.
What behaviours are important?
- Effective administration of Siemens project site including technical and commercial record-keeping
- Comply with QHSE Siemens standards and UK legislation and undertake active safety behaviour and EHS responsibility within the site (responsible for reporting of incidents and accidents, near misses & unsafe acts)
- Maintain efficient activity plans; create daily, weekly plans for project teams as required in conjunction with Project Service Manager/Campaign Site Manager. Report schedule progress to Project Service Manager/Campaign Site Manager and enter progress input into tracking system for management
- Ensure appropriate resources are mobilised to achieve site performance targets within budget and liase with central functions when required. Coordinate record keeping and documentation archiving to support full historical traceability of project work carried out
- Ensure compliance with customer and contractual obligations whilst executing the project. Ensure site rules and regulations are adhered to
- Basic financial administration, raising of purchase requisitions, request setting up of new vendors
- Coordinate all third party resources to ensure schedule and statutory requirements are fulfilled
- Produce accurate reports via business systems for the operations team including supporting the Service Manager in the preparation of reports for internal and external stakeholders
Useful skills and entry qualifications
- Previous experience working as a Service or Site Coordinator
- Ideally previous experience working in the wind industry or at least a basic understanding of the wind industry
- Previous experience working with a range of customers and contractors
- Availability to work shifts at the project location (exact shift pattern to be agreed)
- Driving Licence
- Practical experience of working with MS Office applications and SAP (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
To apply log onto: