Senior Lean Specialist
About the business
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. SGRE realises that it’s only through our people that we can continue to outpace our competitors, break new ground and set new standards for progress in societies worldwide. That’s why we work hard to make sure we offer excellent rewards and opportunities to our employees.
Our Wind Power business has invested £160 million in a rotor blade manufacturing facility, at Alexandra Dock in Hull in Yorkshire. Constructed in 2016, our 1,000 strong work force produces the blades for load out to the Offshore Wind Farms around the UK. We are now recruiting for a Lean Specialist to be part of this exciting business.
The Senior Lean Specialist will be responsible for implementation, securing and further development of all LEAN activities within the blade manufacturing facility with the goal of achieving productivity gains through a continuous improvement process. The Senior Lean Specialist will be responsible for ensuring adherence to SPS (Siemens Production Systems), controlling the Lean implementation program, on-going maintenance and associated competence management and training.
The Senior Lean Specialist will deputise for the Head of Operational Excellence when required.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management of all lean activities in the defined areas of responsibility, so that a continuous improvement process is consequently implemented.
- Analysis of processes / themes / disruptions in the workplace, identification of weak points and bottlenecks, develop solutions and support related implementation, to improve performance.
- To facilitate RCA sessions and simultaneously mentor and coach participants.
- Facilitation of meetings, workshops and coaching of change processes and activities in the defined areas of responsibilities, so that the successful implementation of Lean thinking is assured.
- Evaluation of costs and benefits of projects and controlling measure implementation, to provide the key figures and benefit statements. Standards must be assured, timetable kept and if necessary escalated in the early stages.
- Provision of Input to the creation and maintenance of Lean roadmaps for 3-5 years (defining measures, driving lighthouse projects, planning, organising and facilitating workshops and training, preparing the roll-out plan etc.)
- Organisation of and leading "Best Practice Sharing" (internal and external).
- Execution of Lean screening / assessment site wide, forming a bench mark with a view to develop and track Lean KPIs to ensure improvement.
- Identification of induction requirements, skill gaps and Lean training requirements, required on site, coordination and execution.
- Manage and support continuous improvement projects within all areas of the site under SQDCP.
- Training of the key lean tools (5 minutes briefing, 5S, Visual Management, 5 why, Gemba, PFMEA) and other tools as required.
- Must have experience of hosting Kaizen Events, tracking 30 day close out plans and taking responsibility of a Kaizen register. (To be used to transfer best practice between sites).
All employees should be constantly aware of their responsibilities for ensuring a workplace where EHS is the top priority. They should engage with both Line Managers and the EHS Team to ensure that, where practicable, they are familiar with the Siemens EHS management system.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Degree or equivalent in engineering / manufacturing.
- Significant Lean Leadership experience / Lean Values & Philosophy.
- Experience in project management and working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Must hold a formal qualification in Lean techniques and / or Six-Sigma.
- Proven training experience including design and delivery.
- Ability to coach, manage and drive teams.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish / analyse facts, improve processes and sustain improvements made. (DMAIC).
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and data in mathematical, diagrammatical or statistical form. (Minitab)
- Must have the ability, training and experience to conduct activities in a safe manner.
To apply click here