Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Tutor/Assessor
Airco Centre of Excellence is a training provider specialising in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration and Electrical apprenticeships.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Hours of work: 40
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Hull & East Riding
To be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of high quality training delivered within the Airco Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Limited (Airco) Centre of Excellence. To positively promote Airco at all times and be committed to achieving 'Outstanding' results in all areas of training delivered.
Responsibilities and duties:
- to plan, design and deliver HVAC & Refrigeration courses and assist in the coordination and development of all aspects of the training programme
- to be responsible for ensuring each learner makes progress with their learning and that they gain their qualifications in a timely manner to the requirements of the funding bodies and awarding bodies
- to teach to the correct level and in sufficient depth to enable learners to produce the required evidence to meet the assessment critieria
- to use diverse methods of assessment as required, enabling learners to achieve within their timeframe
- maintain accurate records/paperwork including schemes of work, session plans, course attendance, recording of individual learners' progress and achievement
- to liaise professionally with employers and/or supervisors who provide work experience, training or employment for learners through conducting observation visits/health and safety pre-vets, etc.
- To effectively participate in and comply with all aspects of Awarding Body and Quality Assurance processes
- ensure the security, confidentiality and accuracy of records and information, as required, in accordance with Airco policies and procedures
- contribute to the monitoring processes within Airco, as required, by various funding bodies, which includes maintaining records, statistical recording, development planning and evaluation procedures as part of contract compliance
- demonstrate commitment to Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in line with Airco CPD policies and procedures
- Perform such others duties that correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
- Promote and enforce Airco Equal Opportunities & Safeguarding Policies, ensuring that the needs of all our service users are met, sensitive to gender, race, disability, creed and sexual orientation, and challenge and eradicate direct and indirect discrimination
- Promote and enforce Airco Health and Safety Policy and Procedures, ensuring appropriate action is taken at all times.
- Willing to travel nationally
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum Level 3 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning qualification
- F-Gas certified
- Minimum 6 years vocational experience
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- D30/32 assessor qualification or equivalent
- PTLLS as minimum or other level 3 teaching qualification
- English & Maths GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com