QUALITY SURVEYOR - HULL
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are recruiting for a Quality Surveyor to join our quality team in the new Wind Turbine Blade production facility based in Hull. We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in a friendly team environment. You will be responsible for performing a range of specified technical or scientific quality test routines, for inbound material and/or outbound products in an assigned plant environment in order to safeguard that products meet all agreed specifications and quality standards.
You will setup and control measurement of production equipment, general blade measurement, geometry and verification, including the creation and communication of measurement reports.
What are my responsibilities?
- Setup and control measurement of production equipment (moulds, plugs, mandrels, fixtures, etc.)
- Setup and control measurement of drilling/milling machine
- Blade measurement, geometry and verification
- Creating non-conformance reporting for and blade deviation registration
- 3D measurement support to general blade production
- 3D measurement support to R&D in development projects
- Optimising and implementation of new measurement procedures
- Creating and communicating measurement reports and supporting documentation for calibration
- Assisting with in-process tests and checks (such as hardness, weight, variations, functionality and failure testing) to ensure products and batches meet specifications
- Contributing in development and adoption of appropriate quality procedures for the production unit assigned
- Processing defined quality routines in order to safeguard given quality criteria
- Recording and evaluating quality performance, and takes "In-or-Out" decision in case of stated failures
- Documenting results in the systems, reports on stated failures, and initiating actions to improve situation
- May operate on site in production line, or both
- Cooperating with quality support staff, and may support quality technicians and engineers in their efforts for improvements
- Quality surveying of assigned product build
- Supplier quality analysis
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Metrologist, surveyor or equivalent relevant experience
- Prior experience in an inspection/goods in/quality position
- Coming from an Engineering background use of Laser Tracker, Scanners, CMMs or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation abilities, with experience of Independent Inspection
- Experience in the use of metrology equipment or CNC machines
- Experience and understanding CAD drawings, GPS tolerances, Polyworks, PC-DMIS or similar
To apply for the role click the link below: