Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today. Our technology helps to saves lives! You really can feel like you a part of a fantastic team who can really make a difference. We don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
About our people
Here at APD we embrace those who are truly passionate about their subject - we employ ‘Geeks with Goals’. People who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference. Our people are trusted, are given a voice and the responsibility to not only develop themselves but also to help APD to evolve in an ever changing world.
About the Quality Manager job
- The Quality Manager will be working across all departments from Software Development to Stores to improve and streamline processes, you will have the confidence and knowledge to drive changes through the business and create a KPI driven environment. You will have the opportunity to identify areas of improvement and ensure APD adheres to quality standards ISO 9001, 27001, 20000-1, 14001
- The Quality Manager is crucial to enable us to give our customers the best services and produces the best products
- We trust our Quality Manager to make the right decisions to keep us on track. Although not essential we would especially love to hear from you if you have some knowledge of software / coding or the industry
What you will own / do and how you will grow
- Ensure we maintain our ISO standards
- Provide regular performance improvement stats
- Streamline processes, seek out continuous improvement opportunities and supporting data
- Coordinating audit activities – internal and external
- Quality coaching and training to departments and individuals
What you have already done
- Experience of implementing, maintaining ISO standards
- Experience of WEEE
- Experience of working with external auditors and conducting third party audits
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Have an extensive knowledge of ISO standards
- Experience of promoting a Quality culture within an organisation
So if you are looking for a job in quality, passionate about driving continuous improvement, have great communication skills and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!