Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site. Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
This is a full time role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Group Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the TTL/Accsys Group head office in London.
Optimisation and modification of plant process. Support operators with the execution of their duties.
Yes. Currently one Lab Technician.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitoring and analysing the process
- Draw up proposals for improving the process in order to realise a production process that is more efficient, effective and produces results at a better quality and lower cost
- Identify technical problems and abnormalities of the process
- Develop ideas to solve technical problems or abnormalities, working together with operators and other engineers; be first point of contact for operators
- Work with Accsys technology experts on process and plant improvement programmes
- Manage process improvement projects on site
- Manage the product quality control programme and site laboratory
- First point of contact for testing in production plant
- Support and execute HAZOP studies
- Draw up instruction regarding the requirements of the process
- Manage the sites Management of Change process
- Work according and adhere to the safety and environmental instructions
- Report unsafe conditions to the Shift Supervisor. In the case of immediate danger, shut-down the process and report immediately to management
- Development of process parameters KPI reports. Ensure KPI’s are reported at Daily Management Meetings
- Draft monthly report of spending of utilities (water, electricity), anhydride and acetic acid
- Report to the Maintenance Manager for ongoing improvement actions and results achieved
- Contacts: Suppliers of process installations, inspection services, engineering consultancies
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- MSc or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
- Strong background in processes engineering within a production plant
- Experience in the applications of engineering, process standards in an operating plant
- Strong knowledge in rules & regulations regarding health, safety and the environment
- Quality standards and Quality Management Systems
- Maintenance Management Systems.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Shows detailed knowledge and expertise
Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Is able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels. Can work well with others
Collection of Information
Gather all available and relevant information to solve problems. Analyses problems from different angles
- Proactive, self-starter; see opportunities and take action. Exerts influence on events
Attention to Quality and Safety
Within the frameworks of environmental legislation to achieve and maintain the quality and safety of the production process
To apply for the role:
Send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org