Pre Sales Technical Consultant - APD
Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today. Our technology helps to saves lives! You really can feel like you a part of a fantastic team who can really make a difference. We don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
About our people
Here at APD we embrace those who are truly passionate about their subject - we employ ‘Geeks with Goals’. People who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference. Our people are trusted, are given a voice and the responsibility to not only develop themselves but also to help APD to evolve in an ever changing world.
At APD we love all things tech! Our Pre Sales Technical Consultants provide technical solution design, pricing and quoting support during the sales opportunities The team support our tender and bid processes and provide the design authority and detailed documentation to backup this function.
Our Technical Consultants ensure that Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments and provide a link between the sales, operations and development functions.
What you will own / do and how you will grow:
- Provide technical and pricing support for sales opportunities
- Gain strong understanding of potential customers’ requirements and help Sales to create a solution based on APD’s standard products.
- Provide demonstrations/presentation support on the technical aspects of company products.
- Provide advice and consultation to new software development and design as required.
- Create the detailed system design and pricing documentation required for the sales function
- Maintain a dialogue with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments applicable to their market interest
What you have already done
- Experience of Cisco, Avaya, UC or similar
- Strong technical skills
- Good communication skills preferably some customer facing experience
- Linux experience would be advantageous
- An appreciation of project delivery would be advantageous
So if you are looking for a job in tech and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now!