Lead Engineer – Process Safety
As a global leader in speciality chemicals, we continue to succeed and strengthen our delivery of innovative, sustainable and high performance solutions. We are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever growing market place. Our Engineering team play a key role in defining new processes, improving established products and solving process issues on plant.
We currently have an opportunity for a Lead Process Safety Engineer, based at our site in Hull. In this role, you will be responsible for leading hazard studies, implementing improvements to processes that are driven by process safety considerations and writing and issuing PRR reports and process safety documents relating to all processes/ unit operations at the site.
Oak Road, Hull
The successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package including: defined benefit pension scheme with death in service benefit, 25 days paid holiday allowance (plus bank holidays and access to share plans.
To apply for this position please visit www.croda.com
18th July 2018
Our ideal person
As a business, it’s really important to us that we find the best person for the job and that you have the best opportunity to succeed in the role. To help, we have outlined our expectations for the role and what core skills and experiences we require as well as what would make you an ideal fit. In turn, we hope this helps you evaluate if this is the right job for you.
- You will be an effective communicator, capable of building effective working relationships and directing third parties to deliver specialist work packages against key deliverables
- Excellent planning and organisation skills; you must have the ability to scope, define and deliver process improvement projects aimed at improving process safety
- Able to use your engineering expertise creatively to generate solutions to complex problems
- You should have a degree in Chemical Engineering or a relevant discipline, ideally at chartered status or working towards
- Understand the basis of safety of process plants and be trained in hazard study leadership
- Understanding of tolerability of risk, LoPA and ALARP demonstration
- Experience of undertaking semi-quantitative risk assessments and knowledge of the 7 stage hazard study methodology
- Previous experience in a similar Process Safety role would be advantageous
- SAP user experience