Financial Controller Fixed Term Contract - Hull (13198)
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The Financial Controller - Port of Hull will strengthen the existing finance team on site by providing cost control, analysis and transparency through management reporting.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Useful skills and entry qualifications
- The ideal candidate for this role will be a fully or part qualified accountant with a CIMA/ACCA or similar qualification
- You will have good knowledge of the basic principles of financial statements with respect to Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- You will also have good knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint and SharePoint
- This role also requires knowledge of company financial systems e.g. SAP
- You must have an ability to prioritise workload, multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and confidence to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- This role will undertake cost analysis for port operations incl. contractors, waste, repair and maintenance work. You will prepare and analyse costings for tenders and record and follow up on customer variations and non-conformance costs. You will also undertake variance analysis between agreed Prices and Actual / Forecast costs
- You will input the relevant cost implications into the overall Offshore project forecasting and control process. The Financial Controller – Port of Hull will be the commercial support for Siemens Wind Power Cost Out programme and will undertake analysis & reporting of actual financial results together with variance analysis against project budgets and prior forecasts
- You will monitor, review and ensure cost bookings are recorded correctly and identify and resolve cost issues arising via internal Siemens charges and third party invoices. Producing monthly management reports and slides summarizing financial performance of the project and creating and maintaining project cost collection structures will also be one of your key responsibilities
To apply click here