Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy now has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a dynamic and busy Controlling and Finance team in Hull. As a Finance Manager you will act as a Finance Business Partner to the Technical Operations Managers as well as the wider leadership team. Aspects of Cost Controlling, Budgeting, Forecasting, Accounting and Reporting fall within the scope of the Controlling and Finance Team.
We are looking for a motivated and communicative accounting professional, to become part of our enthusiastic Controlling and Finance Team, predominantly supporting the execution of the Offshore Blade production here in Hull. You will be part of the Controlling & Finance team and work closely with the Commercial Head. You will also have interaction with the SLT and other internal departments within the Hull operation and also interact with your counterparts in the UK, Denmark, Spain and Germany to obtain an in-depth understanding of the Production Controlling and reporting processes.
In this role you will be responsible for providing clear, accurate and insightful analysis and commentary on the financial aspects of the Production within the Hull Blade Factory. The role includes undertaking detailed financial analysis, management reporting, cost controlling, budgeting and forecasting.
Useful skills and entry qualifications
- This role is a perfect opportunity for a part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) to join a busy team and undertake a defined and well thought out career path.
- You will have experience of working in a similar role, ideally in a large and complex organisation.
- You will have a good understanding and practical experience of accounting principles including currency management, month end processes, budgeting and forecasting.
- You will have excellent IT skills, be an advanced user of Excel and ideally have some experience of working with SAP.
- The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment with stakeholder interaction across multiple remote sites.
The primary roles / tasks for the Finance Manager is Fixed Asset Management, CAPEX controlling, Cost Out reporting and acting as a CPM for large scale projects within the Hull Blade Factory.
- Fixed Asset / CAPEX - This involves maintaining the asset register in terms of additions, disposals, transfers, depreciation etc. A huge focus is also put specifically on CAPEX Controlling, ensuring the forecast is robust, complete and is delivered accurately period by period within budget, in order for the company to meet its cash targets. A key part of this role is to develop relationships and communicate effectively with technical counterparts on expectations and project progress.
- Cost Out – Carry out a role as the commercial lead for all cost out initiatives, productivity improvements and reporting for the Hull Blade Factory. This involves building business cases with technical colleagues, challenging assumptions and developing a robust savings target measure by measure. The role involves pulling together all projects ongoing both implemented and in the pipeline in order to build actuals / forecast to report into the global productivity improvement system One Puma Web.
- CPM – Commercial project manager on site for the delivery of a larger scale product. This involves business partnering the technical project managers both on site and globally. The CPM is there to act as a commercial soundboard to technical colleagues, developing a sound understanding of all technical / building modifications that are required to deliver the new product on time and within budget. The sole part of the role is to control the budget and all financial aspects of the project from CAPEX, to OPEX, to headcount to longer term load planning.
Other tasks that underpin this role are as follows:
- Central allocations / SLA Management
- Cost centre controlling, finance business partner to a number of technical teams
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- RIC controls
- Developing processes & systems to improve the C&F function
The recruitment process
If you would like to apply for this vacancy and are an internal candidate, please ensure that you discuss this application with your current line manager as per the Siemens Recruitment Policy.
To apply click here