EHS Specialist - Grimsby
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are now looking for an EHS Specialist. In this role, you will provide substantial support to the operations team to ensure appropriate health, safety and environmental arrangements are in place within your designated hub, site, SOV, or combination of all three, to support delivery of a strong EHS management framework and culture.
You will proactively support the operations team by providing EHS leadership, demonstrating and promoting responsible attitudes towards EHS, implementing best practice with regards to Health, Safety and Environmental standards and contributing towards the delivery of the overall business EHS strategy.
The position is based onshore; however you will be expected to spend some time with the assets, both near and far offshore around the UK coastline.
The role will involve interface and collaboration with internal stakeholders across the business, third party contractors, customers and regulatory bodies.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to the UK Offshore EHS Manager, the EHS Specialist will be responsible for providing on-site EHS leadership, proactively monitoring and assessing EHS performance, implementing improvement plans, driving the ongoing #HomeSafe EHS culture and providing extensive support on legislative and industry specific topics to ensure successful & safe operations and compliance with all applicable laws, standards and site / hub / SOV specific guidelines. Some of your day to day tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Engage with and promote the #HomeSafe EHS Culture.
- Support local engagement and alignment to the overall EHS strategic objectives.
- Full and effective implementation of the company’s health, safety & environmental management systems.
- Proactive monitoring, hazard identification and facilitating the implementation of effective control measures.
- Partnering with operations management and employees to provide advice and guidance on legislation, standards and local expectations / guidelines.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Perform point of work visits to engage with service technicians, perform inspections / audits and provide coaching & development.
- Communication and collaboration with other EHS team members across the business to share learning and develop best practice.
- Create, develop and assist with delivery of EHS inductions and training.
- Provide assistance in the completion and regular review of risk assessments.
- Ensure all accidents, incident, and near misses are recorded, reported and investigated in accordance with company procedures and all corrective actions are identified, implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure EHS event statistics and KPI’s are compiled, analysed for trends, acted upon locally and shared throughout the business as necessary.
- Facilitate and support #HomeSafe and customer initiative, i.e. ZeroHarm, forums / workshops and develop a continual cultural improvement programme.
- Ensure all relevant health, safety and environmental records (e.g. records of thorough examination, risk assessments, training records etc.) are kept, maintained and updated as and when necessary.
- Support with contractor management.
- Undertake any reasonable activity that assists the business and the fulfilment of EHS related objectives.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The ideal candidate for this role will hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification. You will demonstrate previous EHS experience in an operational / engineering environment, ideally gained within a power service, offshore or other heavily regulated industry. You will also have demonstrable experience of providing EHS leadership, pragmatic EHS guidance and sound problem solving ability. Demonstrable experience of working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team-oriented collaborative culture is also required.
The EHS specialist will have experience of dealing with regulatory bodies and have the ability to take control of a situation and manage unplanned events. You will be able to develop and maintain effective relationships, manage expectations & perceptions with internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who either lives locally or within commutable distance to Grimsby or is willing to relocate there on a permanent basis.
To apply click here