EHS Manager in Project
Siemens Wind Power has an exciting opportunity for a full time EHS Manager in Project to work within our rapidly growing Offshore business. Based from our new facility in Hull you will have responsibility for ensuring site Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) arrangements for Offshore Project Sites are in compliance with Siemens EHS standards and legislative requirements.
As demand for clean power generation to meet the world’s growing energy need increases, Siemens Wind Power has the answers. With highly efficient, robust and reliable wind turbines, Siemens has a demonstrated history in delivering proven solutions to onshore, coastal and offshore sites.
Siemens Wind Power is experiencing significant growth and a key factor to our increasing success is our competent and professional employees. We continuously strive to strengthen our position as one of the market leaders in the Wind Power industry. We provide excellent opportunities for training and development within a dynamic and international organisation offering unique opportunities for its employees.
The EHS Manager in Project will be responsible for the development of site Environmental and Health and Safety Plans along with associated EHS documentation and safe systems of work specifically required for the pre-assembly works in accordance with the Siemens accredited management system. You will be up to date with SGRE processes, EHS and QA systems and procedures relevant to the position, and to work in accordance with the requirements defined in systems.This role is also responsible for supporting with the establishment of the site arrangements in accordance with SGRE requirements. You will build awareness of internal and project contractual requirements.
Useful skills and entry qualifications
This role requires someone who has significant EHS coordination / management experience preferably within the Renewables sector, however, other high risk industries such as the construction/engineering industries will be considered; including demonstrable experience of day-to-day functional management of an onsite team.
- You will possess relevant professional qualifications in EHS with NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent as a minimum. CMIOSH or working towards is desirable
- You will also have significant working knowledge of CDM regulations and Environmental requirements relating to construction projects. Any experience and knowledge of maritime industry or working offshore is highly desirable
- This role also requires you to possess excellent coaching, mentoring and communication skills. You will demonstrable understanding of project management techniques. You will have excellent stakeholder engagement and customer management skills and you will be a strong team player
- You must live within commuting distance of the Hull facility, but also prepared to travel throughout the UK with occasional overnight stays including travel abroad
In this role, the ideal candidate will review and feedback on wind turbine design and documentation including manuals, work instructions etc. during the works as necessary. You will work with project team members and supply chain colleagues regarding evaluation and appointment of contractors associated with the site works. You will also facilitate the development of task specific risk assessments, work method statements and other risk control documentation for site works.
Some of your other tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Work with project team and appointed EHS Advisors in the planning, implementation and arrangements to reduce risk and ensure compliance to internal requirements, and local EHS legislative requirements including but limited to the following areas:
- Ensuring the timely handling and reporting of EHS incidents and facilitation of incident investigation processes
- Facilitate the development of, and participate in the review and modification of safety method statements and risk evaluations in connection with routine and non-routine project work on site
- Actively support the project management team in the management of EHS aspects in the works including liaison with the client representatives, project manager/other project team members, site managers, Installation Leads, EHS Advisors, Technicians and other colleagues
- Drive a positive EHS (Zero Harm) culture throughout the site by establishing effective arrangements for Client, employee and contractor communication and engagement, being a role model for EHS and actively coaching/mentoring project team members
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS performance evaluation, measuring and reporting during all project phases including inspection and auditing arrangements
- Functional responsible for the day-to-day EHS site based team
- Participate in the development of project colleagues and new EHS employees
To apply click here