Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site. Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
This is a full time role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Group Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the TTL/Accsys Group head office in London.
Leading a team of process operators to achieve the production plan based on the safety and environmental regulations.
Deputise when required for the Plant Manager.
Responsible for directing General Duties Assistants. Provide direction to shift operators when required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Initial responsibility will be lead the development and implementation of a Management of Work system including a TVUK Permit for Work, Methods Statements/Safe Working Procedures, high hazard permit system e.g. confined space permits
- Support plant testing and commissioning activities including the production of commissioning procedures
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of operational processes and procedures within the operations teams
- Control and monitoring of the plant processes ensuring all operational activities are controlled and processes adjustments follow approved policies, guidelines, procedures, operating rules and performance management systems
- Required quality assurance activities such as sampling process effluents, basic chemical analysis, process chemistry control and sampling of finished products and raw materials
- All quality assurance activities and process controls will undertake in accordance to specifications in the quality control system
- Regular plant inspections and area walk-downs to identify any conditions that require correction or maintenance activities
- Management of the Work Permit Office, when required, to ensure Configuration Control of the plant and isolation of equipment for maintenance activities
- Ensure Work Requests are submitted to the maintenance system with the appropriate priority.
- Attendance at the Daily Management meeting to ensure correct priority of maintenance work to ensure plant safety, high plant availability and production targets
- Reporting completion of jobs in maintenance management system
- Managing the production processes in accordance to approved processes and procedures, ensuring conformance to required safety and environmental requirements.
- Champion site excellence in maintaining a clean working environment
- Inspect and maintain designated House Keeping areas
- Produce housekeeping reports as part of shift safety reporting system. and cleaning for maintenance activities
- Conduct regular in the field safety, environmental and process safety audits, safety coaching and observations
- Support the development and implementation of safety and environmental programmes
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- Proven supervisory experience and operating as a qualified Plant/Shift Supervisor with a minimum Level 3, or equivalent, in process operations
- Ideally a technical engineering qualification or apprentice trained with some work experience in maintenance
- Safety Management qualification i.e. NEBOSH
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong written and oral communication style
- Experience of wood handling or conveyor system would be beneficial for this role
- Good leadership to their team; takes the lead managing people and resources so that goals will be achieved successfully
Focus On Results
- Result oriented to achieve the goals for production
- Shows detailed knowledge & expertise
Attention to quality & safety
- Committed to achieve and maintain the required quality and safety; sets high standards for their own performance
- Can work independently and has a realistic confidence in the ability to find the right approach
To apply for the role:
Send a CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org