Control Room Operator
Tricoya Ventures UK (TVUK) Ltd is a joint venture between Tricoya Technologies Ltd, Medite Europe DAC and BP Chemicals. The company is building and operating the first Tricoya® production plant at our Hull, Saltend site. Tricoya® Wood Elements (www.tricoya.com) are produced using Accsys Group’s proprietary technology for the acetylation of wood chips, and particles for use in the fabrication of panel products such as medium density fibreboard and particle-board. These products demonstrate enhanced durability and dimensional stability which allow them to be used in a variety of applications that were once limited to tropical hardwood or man-made products.
The TVUK plant will operate with a team of around 30 people for the first line and there is the potential to extend in the future.
This is a full time role based on the Saltend Site in Hull and candidates must be capable of arriving on site quickly if required. The role may also require some travel to the Accsys Group Accoya® Plant in Arnhem, Netherlands and the TTL/Accsys Group head office in London.
This role will initially be day based and moving to a 12 hour shift rota as the project progresses.
To operate, regulate and monitor the process of acetylation of wood chips so that products are made available in accordance with specified quality.
Continually monitor the acetylation process by interrogating PLC system.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Initial responsibilities will be to support the testing and commissioning of the Control Room PLC. Development of Control Room procedures and support Operator Task Analysis for the production of operating procedures and operator training material development
- Report abnormal conditions to duty shift supervisor and plant management
- Safe operation, monitoring, and recording of plant functions throughout the plant
- Provide direction to Plant Operators, Maintenance Technicians, General Duties Assistance and Contractors. There will be an expectation to deputy for the Shift Supervisor when requested or provide shift cover
- Direct other team members such as Maintenance, as required, to support reliable and safe plant operation
- Maintains all shift operations and maintenance documents including completion of 3 yearly reviews
- Monitors readings from instrumentation for variances from prescribed operating standards and procedures
- Uses prescribed plant operating procedures to adjust manual controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in Control Room logbook
- Complete shift handovers with oncoming shift
- Prepares legible and understandable work requests purchase requests for required predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance
- Track isolated equipment under Lockout/Tagout for maintenance purposes as part of plant configuration control
- Maintain good housekeeping practices within the Central Control Room pod
- Assists in shutdown and start-up procedures during plant trips and outages
Qualification / Experience Requirements:
- Minimum NVQ Level 3, or equivalent, in process operations
- Essential experience as a Control Room operator in a process based industry
- Ideally a Craftsperson with an engineering qualification or apprentice trained
- Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to the area of assignment
- Five years experience working as an operations technician
- Fluent written and spoken English
Able to foster team working. Ability to support and motivate team members. Willing to take on leadership role when requested
Managing for Results
- Ability to focus on business goal and achieve required production results. Demonstrates thoroughness by completing work activities accurately, adherence to procedures, organise and track information in correct systems
- Demonstrates a strong technical knowledge to solve a varied range of abnormality and challenges on plant. Provide advice or solution on plant related issues to plant management and engineering teams. Completed required technical training and drive self
Safety and Quality Compliance
- Demonstrates an understanding of applicable policies and procedures, and maintains conditions that ensure a safe and high quality assurance working environment, Set own high standards in safety and quality, Able to take decisive actions in critical situations for safety of plant and personnel
- Self-confident individual who is willing to take an independent position. Able to function under pressure and maintain control in demanding situations. Demonstrate personal credibility with team members and leadership team. Shows high degree of work flexibility. Willing to drive own technical and leadership self-development
To apply for the role:
Send a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com