Business Intellingence Controller
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE), to provide cleaner more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, SGRE has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 25,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We are now looking for a Business Intelligence Controller to join our Finance team in Hull.
The Business Intelligence controller will provide modern financial controlling methods to support current operations and to prepare for our future plans. This will mean working with existing team members to develop and operate digitalized systems for forecasting, preparing financial statements, scenario planning and future pricing methods.
- You will have strong financial and IT skills and understand the future direction of accountancy
- You are looking for an organisation with ambition that can support you in realising your career development and skills in modern finance
Useful skills and entry qualifications
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- A relevant finance / accountancy qualification (e.g. Degree/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience with SAP is highly desirable
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving is required along with strong numeracy and financial management skills
- You will also have relevant experience of business processes and business models
- This role requires you to have relevant Market/Industry knowledge. In addition to this you will have experience of project controlling, Cost Centre Controlling
- Accounting Principles and Risk Management. Experience of working in a large organisation is highly desirable as is experience in an intercultural environment
- The primary activities of this role will be to provide financial control and reporting of Commercial Services UK businesses including budgets, forecast and scenario preparations. You will also prepare monthly accounts and period end closing.
- You will work with SAP and IT project teams to deliver new financial tools / systems and undertake variance analysis between Pricing and Actual / Forecast costs. Some of your other tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out controls to demonstrate compliance of Financial Statements to SGRE requirements i.e. ICFR/Signature protocol
- Maintain project and cost centre structures and related cost control / administration.
- Cash flow and balance sheet management (Including reconciliations and fixed asset management)
- Participate in cost centre and project meetings regarding cost centre forecast and progress of individual projects.
- Provide financial partnering support to technical counterparts.
- Provide support to operational teams for ad-hoc commercial topics.
- Provide forecast for Commercial Services cost responsible areas into external customer facing project forecasting and control process (MIKA)
- Business model preparation for ongoing improvements / optimisation
- Support vendor management and procurement for Commercial Services UK
- Risk management and control
- Commercial support for SGRE Cost Out programme
To apply click here