2 Sisters Food Group - Multi Skilled Engineer (Elec Bias)
We are one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies and we’re truly proud of the role we play in helping to feed the nation.
The role profile outlines the essential elements of the position of Multi Skilled Engineer (MSE). The role profile is intended to identify key elements of the role but is not exhaustive and will be subject to revision as and when required. The role is responsible for a team of up to 15 direct reports, the maintenance of all machinery assets within the site, ensuring all equipment is kept in a good operation and safe condition.
To direct and support colleagues on a day- to- day basis. To lead a team of engineers in all PPM and reactive duties. To liaise with site management as the role requires. To develop links with Estates and to promote proactive and effective relationships with other key stakeholders within the site and wider business.
- Organisation and prioritisation of all work on a day to day basis ensuring production downtime is kept to a minimum to achieve the department KPI, this will involve attending meetings and planning workload with production
- The ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff, ensuring good working relationships with all other department, planning and organising work to suit all business requirements
- To ensure the correct level of establishment is achieved on a daily basis within the team. Managing the shifts and holidays by liaising with team members and Engineering Manager
- To ensure the standard of work within the team delivers safety excellence through our culture, behaviour, systems, policies & procedures
- To manage the PPM workload within the teams, ensuring all inspections, repairs and reporting is maintained to achieve the KPI set of the department on a weekly / monthly basis
- To manage and maintain the costs of engineering spares/repairs budget and stock control within the team, having a greater understanding of the budget and its impact on the business
- To ensure the team reports all work carried out on a day-to-day basis, having a good level of communication within the engineering department, ensuring all outstanding work is correctly handed over the to the relevant person.
- Having a substantial and developing involvement of continuous improvement and OE tools to help increase asset availability, reduce downtime and all forms of losses.
- To ensure the service level given to our internal customer is at the highest standard, obtaining feedback from peers to improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring prompt and effective attendance to all call outs, knowing where all team members are at all times, and delegating jobs to the relevant individuals.
- Ensuring all your team is trained and signed off on all 2SFG policies & procedures and that they are adhered to at all time.
- GMP & hygiene must be a priority within your work areas at all time, creating a clean tidy and safe environment for all colleagues.
- To ensure the standards of engineering work within the team at work is at an acceptable level which poses no threat to health & safety, food safety or quality.
- Supporting when necessary the, standards and BRC audits to ensure success in obtaining and sustaining the standard.
- To have the ability and flexibility to take on different roles and responsibilities within the engineering department and step up whenever required.
- Deliver the department Daily Review meetings (DRM 1), to ensure all measures and actions are completed.
- Giving feedback on your team members, delivering PDR’s and identifying opportunities and challenges within your team.
Personal Specification Requirements:
- Electrical or Mechanical Apprenticeship.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Maintenance Role.
- Food manufacturing background.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Managerial experience.
- Team player / able to work on own initiative.
- Understanding of PLC’s / inverters.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Flexible with working hours / shifts.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of PPM systems.
- Knowledge of world class tools (OEE / CI & 5S)
Send a CV and Cover Letter to Graham.Green@2sfg.com