The Green Port Growth Programme Employment and Skills strand has two key elements. It aims to increase the strength of the engineering workforce and raise skill levels, in order to meet the needs of the emerging renewable energy sector.
Apprenticeship Wage Subsidies
Employers in the renewable energy sector supply chain can access wage subsidies for apprentices enrolled on Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship Frameworks. Examples of apprenticeship frameworks supported are:
- Advanced (level 3) Engineering Manufacturing (Craft & Technician)
- Advanced (level 3) Apprenticeship in the Power Sector
- Advanced (level 3) Apprenticeship in Warehousing and Storage
- Advanced (level 3) Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations
Employers in the renewable energy sector supply chain will be able to access training subsidies to up-skill existing employees. The programme will reimburse employers up to 50% of the direct training costs incurred:
- Training packages to upgrade employees from Level 2 to 3; 3 to 4 & 4 to 5
- Training packages to upgrade employees from Level 3 to Level 4
- Training packages to upgrade employees from Level 4 to Level 5
- Specific training packages which enhance the employees’ skills and employability
The employing business must be located within Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. The apprentice must reside within the Yorkshire and Humber sub region.
Talent Retention Site
TRS is a new industry approach to working with UK Further Education Colleges and employers to support and promote the recruitment and retention of skilled people into UK advanced manufacturing and engineering (AME) jobs. Click here to access the site
Interested employers can telephone Hull City Council on 01482 613875 for an informal discussion.
Alternatively, to enquire about any strand, please complete our online form.